Friday, August 28, 2009

The Coming Home Pants, Six Weeks Later




The heat subsided enough yesterday for Alden to enjoy an outing to Williamsburg in his Ergo carrier. He can't see much while nuzzled down in it, but his hearing while being toted so closely is apparently not as muffled as I had previously hoped; the screeching sounds of the subway seemed to bother him for the first time. I wonder if anyone makes noise reducing earplugs for babies. We'll have to look into that.

I thought for sure that the little man was going to have a meltdown on the train ride home--he had been fussy before our outing and didn't sleep in the carrier, as he usually does. He was also pretty hot and a little sweaty, so I was nervous when we ran into Jenny and her friend on the platform at Bedford Avenue. As certain family members can attest, I'm not exactly graceful when Alden starts screaming. It happens so rarely (and is so loud) that I tend to panic and start crying myself! It's embarrassing, to say the least.

Luckily, we made it home without a tear shed and as I lifted Alden out of the Ergo and placed him on top of his dresser to be changed, he gave me a big, toothless grin and commenced his chatter and flailing routine, completely oblivious to my anxiety. We are so lucky to have this tiny boy. We're learning so much from each other already.

No comments:

Post a Comment